House renovation can really improve the living space and make your house more enjoyable. If you intend to resell it, it can add value to the house and bring you a huge return on investment!
Let’s start with larger budget goals:
- Let’s go cook! Most people agree that the kitchen remodel is the first guest room renovated in your home, especially when it adds a little extra value. By adding some new (neutral) cabinets, paint and some stainless steel appliances, the value of your property will definitely increase.
- Add some modern touch to your bathroom. Second only to your kitchen, the updated bathroom is sure to attract potential buyers (and visitors). Faced with reality, no one wants to walk into a dirty or old bathroom. Start with the largest bathroom or suite.
- Say goodbye to the carpet! Speaking of obsolescence, let’s delve into carpets. In short, carpets can get soiled (especially children and pets, right?); needless to say, carpets become quite difficult in terms of keeping carpets clean. However, by replacing those floors with something like hardwood, laminate or vinyl, you will add considerable value to your home (not to mention making some modern charm to attract buyers in the market).
On the budget? do not worry! Here are some home improvement tips that won’t cost you a lot of money. Here are some tips that can add value to you without spending a lot of time and/or money.
- Introduce three small words: paint, door and decoration. In fact, adding paint to the room (and decoration) can be a big help when it comes to brightening the living space. Similarly, updating the doors throughout your home can indeed modernize your residential area (don’t forget the hinges and handles!), thereby adding some considerable return on investment when sold.
- Hardware and more: Persist in the idea of changing some small objects to make major changes, replacing boring hardware and lamps can make any room feel more like home. Add new hardware to kitchen cabinets and drawers, add handles to the door, and add basin lights to open-concept living spaces – the list is endless!
- do it yourself. Since the invention of YouTube and Pinterest, DIY projects have never been easier! Although you should always hire professionals for electrical and plumbing work, there is an introductory video for almost every house renovation project! Learn how to tile the backsplash, install the floor and everything in between. If you are not afraid of a little hard work, you can save a lot of cash without spending money!
By taking the time to renovate the house, you are sure to get a small investment in return for every project you carry out. In fact, sometimes the return value of this kind of renovation project (as mentioned above) is 5-6 times its cost. Now, this is something worth mentioning! It’s time to dig these tools and pull out those drawing boards. Happy decoration!