Relocation is a difficult coordination exercise. We get Ontario home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Ontario”. The great news is that we can assist many of those sellers in selling their home quickly (because we are actively buying houses in Ontario right now!).
There is an insane amount of details to keep track of, not to mention the stress of whatever is driving you to relocate in the first place – often a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to relocate always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize
You don’t want to find yourself paying to own and maintain a vacant house for two years. That adds up quickly, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market in Ontario is relatively stable right now, things can change in the blink of an eye. Over the last few decades, we’ve heard some terrifying tales. You probably can’t afford to wait it out unless you’re filthy rich.
Relocating and Need to Sell My House Fast in Ontario… Your Options and Steps
1. Find out what your house is worth: To do so, contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we will provide you with a free, no-obligation valuation of your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, you can determine how long you will be able or willing to sell the house.
2. Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is important. I’ve seen professionals who relocated out of state for work put their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much lower price than they had hoped. Determine how quickly you need to sell your home… and how long you’re willing to continue making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, and so on.
3. Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get started as soon as possible to avoid wasting time. Every month you wait, or every month it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you don’t want to sell through a real estate agent, we are a reputable local house buyer and would be delighted to make you a fast-fair all cash offer.
4. Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to get the best price for our homes. But one thing that many people forget to do is calculate how much it costs to keep this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which, if you’re still in the first ten years of the mortgage, will be mostly interest and very little principal), insurance, taxes, maintenance, and so on.
5. Take action! Whatever you decide… decide and act. If you want to be a real estate agent, that’s fantastic! Locate a reputable local agent. If you’d rather not wait and avoid paying real estate agent commissions… selling your house to us may be a viable option.
Another Blog to Read: Questions You Need to Ask Before Selling Your Home
Who Is GTA House Buyers and How Can We Help You if You’re Relocating and Need to Sell in Ontario?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Ontario home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in communities across Ontario.
We’re honest and straightforward.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
I’m happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Ontario real estate, so please feel free to call me at (647) 997-1281.