Consumers have more options than ever before when it comes to the commission rate they will pay when listing their home for sale. Consumers appear to be spoiled for choice, with options ranging from flat fees to full service fees and many options in between. Even so, if you are thinking about listing your home for sale, you must ensure that you understand exactly what each level of service provides.
- What are you getting for the fee you’re paying?
- What level of service can you expect to receive?
- How much of the process will you be expected to perform?
- Will your agent take care of all the details for you?
Tips to consider when interviewing agents
It is critical that you get in writing the services that the agent will provide the fee that they will charge. This will prevent disappointment and stating expectations.
- Ask them if their first priority is to ensure the protection of your equity – your home.
- What is their marketing strategy for selling your home for the highest sale price possible?
- How will they be attracting all potential buyers in the market place from various spheres of influence?
- What type of market will you be selling in – a Buyer’s market or a Seller’s market?
- How long a listing period is needed to sell your property for the highest price?
- How many buyers does the agent estimate will be in the market place to buy your home over the anticipated listing period?
- Is selling privately a good option?
- If I sell privately, who will guide me through the process?
Another Blog to Read: Steps in The Home Selling Process
When considering a sale, the most important question that all sellers want to know is how much their home is worth. However, there are multiple other questions that must be addressed regarding the services that your agent provides for the fee that they charge.
Call or email us for an in-depth explanation of the value you’ll receive for their services. We will discuss with you the current market conditions in your area, as well as how they’ll position your home as the #1 property in the market place. We are ready to answer all of your questions.